JSP’s Summer Cocktail
Hundred plus temps are here to stay for a while, but worry not! We’ve got you covered with a super simple, refreshing summer cocktail to enjoy at all of the pool parties and backyard bbq’s in your immediate future. We absolutely LOVE the Austin-based Waterloo Watermelon Sparkling Water – they are more jam-packed with natural flavor than any other bubble water we’ve tasted and make for the tastiest naturally low-calorie summer cocktails and spritzers. This spritzer is so easy to assemble, we whipped up a batch at the salon in under 5 minutes!
- Prosecco – we chose this one but use your favorite bubbles!
- Waterloo Watermelon Seltzer
- Small bunch of mint
- Frozen watermelon (optional)
- For an even mintier flavor, before you pour the prosecco, place 3-4 pieces of mint in the glass and muddle it using a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon
- Know what always pairs well with a summer cocktail? A new summer ‘do! Reach out now to schedule your summer makeover!
- (Optional) Slice half of a watermelon into cubes and freeze overnight – this will keep your spritzer cooler for longer, without watering it down.
- Fill your glass/cup with half or ⅔ prosecco
- Fill the rest of your glass with Waterloo Watermelon Seltzer (if using watermelon, only fill your glass ¾ of the way)
- Garnish with mint
- (If using watermelon) Carefully place 2-3 cubes of frozen watermelon in the glass just before serving